Sign Up & Apply
As an installer, you will need to download and complete the relevant form to:
- create a Boiler Upgrade Scheme (BUS) installer account
- update any details on your installer account
- make a BUS voucher application
- redeem a BUS voucher
Visit our contact page if you have any questions.
Create a BUS installer account
As an installer, before you can make applications to the BUS, we need to create a verified account for your business.
For full details about creating and managing installer accounts, see chapter 4 of BUS: installer guidance.
Who can create an installer account
The person who creates the account must:
- have the legal authority to act on behalf of the business
- agree to be the business’s 'authorised representative' for the scheme.
An 'authorised representative' is someone whose identity we have checked and who is Ofgem’s first point of contact should we ever need to speak to someone about the account.
If your business is a limited company, the person creating the account must be a company officer (eg director or secretary) who is listed on the Companies House register.
If you are a sole trader, you will not be registered on Companies House. However, we will still need to check your identity.
How to create an installer account
The authorised representative will need to:
- download and complete the Create a BUS installer account form
- email the form, along with all supporting evidence, to: BUS.email@example.com.
The full supporting evidence requirements are listed on the BUS account form. They include:
- a valid form of photo ID, eg passport or driving licence
- a proof of address, eg a recent utility bill
- a business bank account statement from the last 3 months.
After the account has been set up, authorised representatives can report any errors on their account to: BUS.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update information on an existing installer account
Authorised representatives can change the following information on a BUS installer account:
- business information, such as registered office address and bank account details.
- details about the authorised representative, including telling us you want to replace the existing authorised representative with a new one.
Users with 'user management' permission can add, edit or remove any users (apart from the authorised representative) associated with an installer account.