Update on the SoLR for UK Energy Incubator Hub customers now supplied by Octopus Energy
Correspondence and other
Supply and Retail Market
- Electricity Supply Licence
- Gas Supplier Licence
Former customers of UK Energy Incubator Hub (including those of Neo Energy and Northumbria Energy) can rest assured their energy is now being supplied under a deemed contract with Octopus Energy (which took effect from 9 July 2022) and that their credit balances are protected. As Octopus Energy has confirmed, any customers contacted by anyone other than Octopus Energy, especially when being asked for payment, should get in touch with the Octopus Energy team immediately.
Notes to editors
- Octopus Energy has been appointed to take over the former customers of UKEIH under Ofgem's Supplier of Last Resort process. Any questions UKEIH customers have should be directed to https://octopus.energy
- Funds that current and former domestic customers of UKEIH have paid into their accounts will be protected, where they are in credit.
- Customers can find support and advice on the Ofgem website, Facebook and Twitter feed, @ofgem. Alternatively, if they need extra help, in England and Wales they can contact Citizens Advice on 0808 223 1133 or email them via webform, in Scotland they can contact Advice Direct Scotland on 0808 196 8660 or use their online webchat.
- More information for UKEIH customers can be found on the Ofgem website.
- Ofgem is looking into information provided on the websites of Neo Energy and Northumbria Energy, neither of which are licensed to supply energy. Our consideration of the issues does not imply that we have made any findings of possible non-compliance by any party.