This page contains contact details for all our enquiry lines and offices. Click on the links to go straight to the details you are looking for:
- Consumer advice - for enquiries and complaints relating to energy companies
- Ofgem Consumer Affairs - for consumer enquiries regarding our policies and function
- Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) - for application support and advice for the Domestic and Non-Domestic RHI schemes
- Renewables schemes (CCL, FITS, REGO, RO) - for enquiries on the Climate Change Levy (CCL), Feed-in Tarrif (FIT), Renewable Energy Guarantees of Origin (REGO) or Renewable Obligation (RO) schemes or to report an issue with the Renewables and Combined Heat and Power Registers
- Whistleblowing - to report potentially dangerous or illegal behaviour by a company whose activities we regulate. This is not a consumer line.
- Media - for media resources and enquiries
- Ofgem website - for technical or accessibility queries on our site
- Our offices
Consumer advice and complaints
If you are a consumer and you have an issue to resolve with an energy company please read the guidance in our section for consumers:
Please note that we do not investigate complaints or make enquiries on behalf of individuals and will only be able to refer you to the information and organisations set out in this guidance.
Our Consumer Affairs team manages enquiries from consumers regarding our policies and functions. It does not deal with individual consumer complaints against energy companies.
Tel: 020 7901 7295
Fax: 020 7901 7066
While we try to answer each call immediately, you may need to leave a voice message if we are busy taking other calls. If you do leave a message we will call you back as soon as possible.
Once you've started the application process and afterwards, contact the Domestic RHI Applicant Support Centre with queries:
For information on what we post about and how we can support you through @AskDomesticRHI, see our Domestic RHI Twitter guidance. The essential guide for applicants has information on applying to the Domestic RHI.
Contact the Non-Domestic RHI team if you would like to apply for the scheme, if you require support with the application process, or if you have queries regarding the progress of your application, the eligibility requirements or our published guidance.
- Tel: 0845 200 2122 (call charges apply)
- Email Non-Domestic RHI
Please contact the Renewables team to report an issue with the Renewables & CHP Register database or to make an enquiry regarding the following schemes:
Team telephone: 020 7901 7310
The Energy Companies Obligation (ECO) is an energy efficiency programme that was introduced into Great Britain at the beginning of 2013. It replaces two previous schemes, the Carbon Emissions Reduction Target (CERT) and the Community Energy Saving Programme (CESP).
If you wish to share information that you believe highlights potentially dangerous or illegal behaviour by a company whose activities we regulate, you should contact our whistleblowing team.
You blow the whistle when you raise a concern about a wrongdoing, risk or malpractice that you are aware of through your work. This is not a consumer line.
You can find full guidance on our whistleblowing procedure, including contact details and information on your right to protection and anonymity, in the Transparency section of the website.
Read more: Whistleblowing
Our news and media section contains a resources for media page that includes contact details:
For queries about the Ofgem.gov.uk website and to report issues such as broken links or problems with accessibility please email: email@example.com
For queries about scheme registers please email the dedicated scheme address as follows:
Renewables schemes (CCL / FITS / REGO / RO)
Ofgem - London
Tel: 020 7901 7000
Fax: 020 7901 7066
Ofgem - Glasgow
107 West Regent Street,
Glasgow, G2 2BA
Tel: 0141 331 2678
Ofgem - Cardiff
1 Caspian Point,
Cardiff Bay, CF10 4DQ
If you are a consumer and you have an issue to resolve with an energy company please note the Consumer Advice section above