- Publication date
- 9th July 2020
- Closing date
- 4th September 2020
- Policy areas
RIIO is our approach to ensuring the monopoly companies who run our gas and electricity networks have enough revenue to run an efficient network that delivers what customers need. RIIO stands for Revenues = Incentives + Innovation + Outputs.
We introduced RIIO-1 for the gas distribution and gas and electricity transmission price controls in 2013. These are due to finish in 2021. Following our consultation and decision announcement on the RIIO-2 Framework in July 2018, and the publication of our sector-specific methodology in May 2019 we are now consulting on the draft determinations for the next price control (RIIO-2).
Please send all responses by 4 September 2020 to RIIO2@ofgem.gov.uk.
- 4 August 2020: Sector-specific price control: Transmission webinar - watch event recording
- 10 August 2020: Net Zero webinar - watch event recording
- 12 August 2020: Finance webinar - watch event recording
- 14 August 2020: Gas Distribution webinar - watch event recording
- RIIO-2 Final Determinations for Transmission and Gas Distribution network companies and the Electricity System Operator