Ofgem regulates the prices network companies charge to run the gas and electricity networks in Great Britain.
Here you can view all policy publications, information and consultations relating to the gas and electricity transmission network price controls starting 2021 and running until 2026 (RIIO-T2).
Select an area to view:
- Company business plans, guidance and reporting (RIIO-T2)
- Consultations and decisions (RIIO-T2)
- Events and working groups (RIIO-T2)
- RIIO policy challenge groups
For investor updates, see our Investor Relations section.
RIIO-T2 price review timeline
- Summer 2018: RIIO-2 framework consultation and decision. This stage encompassed a review of the overall RIIO framework so far and assessed if we needed to make any changes.
- Winter 2018/19: RIIO-2 sector-specific methodology consultation. This stage encompassed setting the sector-specific price control methodologies for the gas distribution, electricity and gas transmission operators, and the electricity system operator.
- Summer to autumn 2019: We asked network companies to submit their business plans and issued a call for evidence on stakeholder views on the plans.
- Spring 2020: Ofgem RIIO-2 challenge group and network company customer engagement and user groups submitted independent reports on the proposed network company business plans. The aim of these independent groups is to ensure consumers have a stronger voice in challenging each network company on how their needs and views are accounted for in the plans.
- Summer 2020: We publish our draft determinations on the price control allowances and consult on our proposals.
- Winter 2020: We publish our final determinations on the price control allowances. Subject to consultation, we expect to do this by December 2020.
- 1 April 2021: Price control effective.