We work to help markets operate more effectively by removing barriers, for example by ensuring there is greater transparency of information to all parties including customers.
When necessary and appropriate to do so, we use our powers to monitor and address any anti-competitive behaviour or practices which may affect the market.
The electricity wholesale markets section contains information on the following areas of our work:
- The GB electricity wholesale market – an overview of how the GB market works
- Market efficiency, review and reform – information on cash out arrangements, system operator incentives and our cash out code review
- European market – EU legislation and our REMIT programme
- Electricity security of supply
- Forums, seminars and working groups relating to electricity wholesale market issues.