We work with suppliers to improve the quality, scope and prominence of their domestic consumer complaints data.
What must suppliers do?
Suppliers are required to publish domestic complaints data on their websites on a quarterly basis. They also publish their 'top 5' reasons for complaints and the measures they are taking to improve how they handle customer complaints.
The six large suppliers have published quarterly domestic complaints data since 1 October 2012, and most smaller suppliers have done so from 1 April 2013.
Clearer complaint handling performance
Ofgem, Citizens Advice and the Ombudsman publish complaints statistics. The separate statistics show how many complaints suppliers receive, how many Citizens Advice handle, weighted by the seriousness of the complaint, and how many are accepted by the Ombudsman after failing to be resolved by the supplier. This helps to show a full picture of the customer’s complaint from start to finish.
In addition, we have introduced a mandatory common format to present complaints information.
Through the graphs below, you can view supplier performance on consumer complaints handling for:
- all suppliers (grouped by size) since 2014
- the six large suppliers for each quarter since 2013
- six medium-sized suppliers since 2014
- six small-sized suppliers since 2014.
The complaints data has been provided by each supplier. The figures are not audited by Ofgem. We have investigated Scottish Power and npower for breaches of the Complaint Handling Standards Regulations 2008.
To view all figures published by suppliers, please access their websites through the links below.
Six large suppliers
Complaints data published by suppliers
To view the information published by suppliers, select from the following external links:
- British Gas complaints data
- EDF Energy complaints data
- E.ON Energy complaints data
- npower complaints data
- Scottish Power complaints data
- SSE complaints data
- Utility Warehouse - Complaint handling reports
- isupply energy - Annual Complaints Report
- Green energy UK - Complaints
- Ecotricity - Complaints data
- Solarplicity - Complaints
- Sparkenergy - Complaints performance
- Good Energy – Complaints performance
- First Utility - Living up to your expectations
- Utilita - Complaints performance
- Flowenergy - Complaint reporting
- Cooperative energy - Making a complaint
- Yorkshire Gas & Power - Complaints data
- Ovo Energy - Complaints performance
- Green Star Energy - Customer complaints
- Economy Energy - Complaints performance
- Extra Energy - Complaints performance
- Better Energy - Complaints performance
- Zog Energy - Complaints performance