We work with suppliers to improve the quality, scope and prominence of their domestic consumer complaints data.
What must suppliers do?
As of July 2018, suppliers are required to submit complaints data to us on a monthly and quarterly basis. They also publish domestic complaints data on their websites, including their 'top 5' reasons for complaints and the measures they are taking to improve how they handle customer complaints.
Clearer complaint handling performance
Ofgem, Citizens Advice and the Ombudsman publish complaints statistics. The separate statistics show how many complaints suppliers receive, how many Citizens Advice handle, weighted by the seriousness of the complaint, and how many are accepted by the Ombudsman after failing to be resolved by the supplier. This helps to show a full picture of the customer’s complaint from start to finish.
In addition, we have introduced a mandatory common format that all active energy suppliers must use to report their domestic and micro-business complaints information to us. You can view the templates and guidelines suppliers must follow in the publications and update feed below.
Through the graphs below, you can view supplier performance on consumer complaints handling for:
- Large suppliers (currently 8)
- Medium-sized suppliers (currently 5)
- A selection of twenty-seven small-sized suppliers
- All above suppliers (grouped by size)
The complaints data is provided by suppliers. The figures are not audited by Ofgem.
To view all figures published by suppliers, please access their websites through the links below.
Complaints data published by suppliers
To view the information published by suppliers, select from the following external links:
- Avro Energy - Complaints
- British Gas complaints data
- E.ON Energy complaints data
- EDF Energy complaints data
- npower complaints data
- Scottish Power complaints data
- SSE complaints data
- Bulb - Making a complaint
- Cooperative energy - Making a complaint
- Ovo Energy - Complaints performance
- Shell Energy - Living up to your expectations
- Utilita - Complaints performance
- Utility Warehouse - Complaint handling reports
- Daligas - Complaints data
- Ecotricity - Complaints data
- E- Complaints Handling procedure
- Entice- Complaints procedure
- Enstroga- Complaints reporting
- ESB-Complaints Procedure
- Foxglove- Complaints handling Policy
- Good Energy – Complaints performance
- GoTo Energy - Complaints Performance
- Green. – Complaints policy
- Green Energy - Complaints Procedure
- Gulf Gas and Power- Complaints Procedure
- Igloo Energy- How we do Complaints
- MoneyPlus Energy – Complaints Procedure
- Nabuh- Complaints
- Northumbria Energy – Complaints Procedure
- Octopus - A Quarterly performance reporting
- Orbit- Complaints Procedure
- PFP - Our complaints performance
- Pure Planet- Complaints
- So Energy – Making a Complaint
- Social Energy – Our complaints performance
- Together Energy-Complaints Policy
- Tru Energy – Complaints Procedure
- Utility Point- Customer complaints procedure
- Zog Energy - Complaints performance
- Zebra – Contact us