The Energy Company Obligation (ECO) is a government energy efficiency scheme for Great Britain, administered by Ofgem.
Our guidance documents provide information on the legislative requirements of the ECO4 Order and our administrative processes. The ECO4 Order commenced on 27 July 2022 and runs until 31 March 2026.
- ECO4 Guidance: Supplier Administration
- ECO4 Guidance: Delivery
- ECO4 Guidance: Local Authority Administration
- ECO4 Guidance: New Measures and Products
- ECO4 Guidance: Draft Interim Delivery
- ECO4 Guidance: Monitoring
The Supplier Administration guidance is aimed mainly at suppliers, describing the processes that suppliers and Ofgem follow to meet the requirements of the ECO4 Order. It addresses the following:
- when a supplier is obligated under ECO4, notifying customer numbers and supply and how obligations are set
- details of the solid wall minimum requirement
- details of the EFG minimum requirement
- how suppliers notify completed ECO measures and projects
- carry-over, interim and early delivery of measures
- the application process for trading obligations
- the application process for transfers and re-elections, and
- our role as the ECO administrator
For measures installed before 1 April 2022, please refer to our ECO3 Guidance: Supplier Administration, Version 1.3.