- Publication date
- 4th August 2017
- Information types
- Policy areas
The energy sector is undergoing fundamental change. The regulatory and market arrangements will need to evolve to ensure this happens in a way that protects and advances consumers’ interests and enables them to benefit from innovation and new services. This document sets out our strategy to regulation over the coming years in the context of the energy system transformation, and how our current and proposed activities fit within this.
Our overall aim is to ensure a regulatory framework that drives innovation, supports the transformation to a low carbon energy system and delivers the sustainable, resilient, and affordable services that all consumers need.
We set out our current priority actions to address the key challenges and opportunities that future changes could create for different aspects of the energy market and regulatory arrangements under the following themes:
- Cross-cutting platforms to support the energy transition
- Balancing supply and demand at all times
- Efficient locational management and development of the energy system
- System coordination and the institutional framework
- Supporting innovation whilst ensuring good outcomes for consumers