- Publication date
- 15th November 2018
- Information types
- Policy areas
The Energy Company Obligation is a government energy efficiency scheme for Great Britain, administered by Ofgem.
Our guidance documents provide information on the legislative requirements of the ECO3 Order and our administrative processes. The ECO3 Order commenced on 3 December 2018 and runs until 31 March 2022. These documents apply to any measures delivered from 1 October 2018.
We have split the ECO3 Guidance into two parts.
- ECO3 Guidance: Supplier Administration, and
- ECO3 Guidance: Delivery.
The Delivery guidance is aimed at suppliers and the broader supply chain, describing how to deliver measures that are eligible to contribute towards the ECO targets. The Delivery guidance addresses the following:
- how a supplier achieves its obligations
- which measures are eligible under ECO and the criteria that must be met
- specific requirements relating to eligibility
- how to determine ECO savings, including information on deemed scores and SAP/RdSAP
- how measures are notified and the information we require
- the technical and score monitoring requirements that suppliers must meet
- the auditing and counter fraud processes that suppliers will be subject to.
Following feedback in our consultation we have amalgamated a number of separate guidance documents into this document to increase simplicity for stakeholders. The following ECO2t documents have been included:
- ECO2t guidance note: determining whether premises are domestic premises
- ECO2t guidance note: private domestic premises
- ECO2t Help to Heat guidance note
This has meant this document is larger than previous guidance documents so we recommend viewing it as a PDF on your computer or tablet rather than printing.
For measures installed before 30 September 2018, please refer to our ECO2t guidance Delivery and Administration, Versions 1.1.