How do I apply?
To apply for accreditation under the Renewables Obligation (RO) you will first need to register for an account on the Renewables and CHP Register. Please refer to the User Guide and Register Help Sheet for information on using the Register.
Once activated, applicants can use this account to:
- Apply for accreditation
- Make the relevant declarations
- Submit monthly output data
- Receive or transfer ROCs.
You can apply online for the RO through one of two routes:
- Full accreditation - for generating stations which have either been commissioned or are due to be commissioned within the next two months.
- Preliminary accreditation – for proposed generating stations more than two months away from commissioning. Preliminary accreditation is not a pre-requisite for applying for full accreditation.
It is an applicant’s responsibility to ensure their application form is correct and is promptly received by Ofgem.
Where can I find more information?
- the support levels available
- the types of generating technologies that might be eligible for the scheme
- how eligible generators become accredited.
If you have any queries about your eligibility, you can speak to the Renewables team.