The ongoing obligations are effectively your responsibilities in relation to you, your property and your heating system.
You must comply with these in order to continue to receive payments and avoid other enforcement action. You will need to declare annually through your MyRHI account that you are still compliant with your ongoing obligations. We’ll send you a reminder by email when these are due. Make sure that you complete them in time or we may have to suspend your payments.
The ongoing obligations can be split into six sections:
- Ongoing obligations: your responsibilitiesopen key term pop-up - These ongoing obligations apply to everybody accredited on the scheme and relate to your heating system’s ongoing eligibility to receive payments.
- Ongoing obligations: changes to your heating systemopen key term pop-up - These are the ongoing obligations that apply to you if something that you provided information on in your application changes. They outline all changes we must be informed of.
- Ongoing obligations: biomass boilers or stovesopen key term pop-up - These are the ongoing obligations that are relevant only if you have a biomass boiler or stove.
- Ongoing obligations: meteringopen key term pop-up - This section outlines the specific ongoing obligations that apply to you if you have had meters installed.
- Ongoing obligations: provision of informationopen key term pop-up - This section outlines your responsibility to keep any relevant information relating to your heating system and to provide it if requested.
- Ongoing obligations: non-compliance and sanctionsopen key term pop-up - This section sets out the action we could take if we find out you’re not complying with your ongoing obligations.
Throughout your membership on the scheme there’s also a chance that we may carry out an audit check to make sure that you’re complying with these ongoing obligations. See our webpage on Audit checks for more information.
To find out more, see:
To log in to MyRHI: