You can find the tariff rates available under the relevant scheme in the ‘publications and updates’ section below. Tariff rates for all installations are set by the Department for Energy Security & Net Zero and published in accordance with Standard Conditions of Electricity Supply License.
How are my payments calculated?
Once accredited, a tariff rate is assigned to your installation based on a number of factors including but not limited to:
- Technology type.
- Total Installed Capacity (TIC),
- Your position in deployment caps,
- If a solar installation, whether you are classed as a multi-site generator, and
- If a solar installation, whether you meet the Energy Efficiency Requirement (EER).
Some generators receive deemed export payments, where export is estimated to be a fixed percentage of generation rather than being based on export meter readings. The amount of generation which is deemed to be exported is set by the Secretary of State for Energy Security & Net Zero each year in the annual determinations.
Solar PV tariff rates
Tariff rates for Solar PV installations are uniquely split into Higher, Middle and Lower bands. Which tariff rate an installation receives depends on if the Energy Efficiency Requirement for the building that the installation is wired to provide electricity to has been met and if the owner is classed as a multi-site generator :
- Higher: An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) of level D or above was issued before the commissioning date of the installation, and the owner is not classed as a multi-site generator.
- Middle: And EPC of level D or above was issued before the commissioning date of the installation, and the owner is classed as a multi-site generator.
- Lower: An EPC of level D or above was not issued before commissioning.
This three band structure only applies to Solar PV installations accredited after April 2012 and does not apply to the other technology types regardless of commissioning date.
Tariff table information
You can find the full tariff bandings in the Feed-in-Tariff (FIT): Tariff table spreadsheets available below. Tariff rates are adjusted each financial year in line with the Retail Price Index (RPI).
If you don’t understand a term being used, please see our glossary