We use consumer research to ensure our decision-making is informed by robust evidence and the views of Britain’s energy consumers.
Select from the following links to view our reports and data:
- Survey research with household consumers
- Other research with household consumers
- Survey research with business consumers
- Other research with business consumers
- Research datasets
Our research approach
Our Consumer First research programme helps us to understand the priorities, views and experiences of a wide range of consumers, including business consumers and more vulnerable groups.
We develop this understanding further through commissioned independent qualitative and quantitative consumer research, and by reviewing evidence from a variety of other organisations.
We involve thousands of consumers in our work through:
- regular surveys and workshops
- regular meetings of our Consumer First Panel
- innovative approaches, like video research and collaborative engagement so consumers and energy suppliers are brought together in dialogue.
The raw data for our surveys with consumers is available upon request (in Excel or SPSS format). The golden questions and allocation tool for our consumer segmentation are also available upon request. If you would like to request data or the segment tool, please use a data request form. Please complete that form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other queries, contact us at email@example.com.