Each year, we produce a Forward Work Programme, which outlines our key priorities and activities to deliver our strategy.
Our principle strategic objective is to protect the interests of existing and future energy consumers – both householders and businesses owners. Through our regulation, we aim to deliver five outcomes for consumers. These are:
- Lower bills
- Lower environmental impacts
- Improved reliability and safety
- Better quality of service, and
- Better social outcomes.
Our Forward Work Programme sets out how we plan to use our resources to have the greatest positive impact on consumers during an extended two-year period – 2019-21. In recognising the longer-term and continuing nature of our work, we will refresh our work programme in March 2020.
In this extended period, our four key priorities are:
- Making retail markets work for all
- Enabling future markets and system arrangements
- Network preparedness and performance, and
- Excellence in our statutory and core functions.
Alongside these priorities, we have also set out how we intend to simplify our regulatory approach with the aim of reducing burdens, and how we will operate in a more efficient and effective way.