- Publication date
- 31st October 2018
- Information types
- Policy areas
The Energy Company Obligation (ECO) is a government energy efficiency scheme for Great Britain, administered by Ofgem.
Our guidance documents provide information on the legislative requirements of the ECO3 Order and our administrative processes. The ECO3 Order commenced on 3 December 2018 and runs until 31 March 2022. These documents apply to any measures delivered from 1 October 2018.
We have split the ECO3 Guidance into two parts.
- ECO3 Guidance: Supplier Administration, and
- ECO3 Guidance: Delivery.
The Supplier Administration guidance is aimed mainly at suppliers, describing the processes that suppliers and Ofgem follow to meet the requirements of the ECO3 Order. It addresses the following:
- when a supplier is obligated under ECO3 and how its obligations are set
- details of the solid wall minimum requirement
- details of the rural sub-obligation
- how suppliers notify completed ECO measures
- carry-over and early delivery of measures
- the application process for trading obligations
- the application process for transfers and re-elections, and
- our role as the ECO administrator
For measures installed before 30 September 2018, please refer to our ECO2t guidance Delivery and Administration, Versions 1.1.
Document updated March 2019
Version 1.1 of this guidance includes corrections and updates to the previous version. Details of changes can be found in the summary of updates to the guidance document which can be found below.