- Publication date
- 25th January 2019
- Information types
- Policy areas
Suppliers are required to conduct technical and score monitoring inspections on ECO measures to ensure the required standards of installation are met and measures are scored accurately. More information on our monitoring requirements can be found in Chapter 8 of our ECO3 Guidance: Delivery. This page contains information about technical and score monitoring for ECO3. The following documents are currently available:
- Energy Company Obligation (ECO3): Explanatory notes for monitoring v1.1: These notes offer additional guidance for answering the ECO3 technical and score monitoring questions. This version, replaces ECO2t Explanatory notes for monitoring v2.2. The changes made account for the introduction of the ECO3 Technical and Score Monitoring Question Set v1.1, which applied from 1 January 2019. For measures installed before this date during Quarter 1 of ECO3 (October, November, December 2018), suppliers should use the ECO2t question set.
- Energy Company Obligation (ECO3): Supplementary guidance for monitoring v1.1: This guidance note provides information on the monitoring requirements and process. It details how and when suppliers should report monitoring, response to fails and additional assurances to Ofgem. This version replaces the ECO2t Supplementary guidance for monitoring and should be read in conjunction with Chapter 8 of the ECO3 Guidance: Delivery, the ECO3 Explanatory Notes for Monitoring and the ECO3 Technical and Score Monitoring Question Set.
- ECO3 Technical and Score Monitoring Question Set v1.1: We developed the questions with industry and obligated suppliers. This question set was circulated via email to stakeholders on 18 December 2019 and should have been used for all ECO3 technical and score monitoring conducted on measures installed from 1 January 2019.
- ECO3 Technical and Score Monitoring Question Set v1.2: We noticed a few errors in the ECO3 Technical and Score Monitoring Question Set v1.1. We have therefore made the following amendments:
- Enabled the 'N/A' option for CWI.9. This option should only be selected where the measure being inspected is not a partial filled cavity
- Disabled the 'N/A' option for DHS.5. Where the heat is generated from an electric source, for example, the response should be a pass
- The wording for TMQ.1 has been updated so that a 'Yes' equates to a pass.
These have been incorporated into the ECO3 Technical and Score Monitoring Question Set v1.2 which has now been published below. Version 1.2 should be used for all ECO3 technical and score monitoring conducted on measures installed from 1 February 2019.
- ECO3 Technical and Score Monitoring Question Set v1.3: We have updated the statement to be read out by the monitoring agent before commencing the consumer contribution survey. Version 1.3 should be used from 1 April 2019.