- Publication date
- 2nd April 2019
- Information type
- Policy area
Following a member of the ELEXON-chaired Design Working Group (DWG) stepping down, Ofgem has decided to refresh the membership of the DWG as the Target Operating Model (TOM) design work moves into the Transition Approach design phase.
The DWG was established as part of the Settlement Reform Significant Code Review (SCR) to design potential TOMs to enable market-wide half-hourly settlement for Ofgem decision. The DWG have met monthly since October 2017 and recently delivered their preferred TOM to Ofgem. ELEXON consulted on the preferred TOM in February 2019 and in March 2019 the DWG began work developing the Transition Approach.
Chris Welby, recently stepped down from the DWG and therefore we are taking this opportunity to open up the membership to new applicants.
DWG membership replacement process – call for interested applicants
To ensure the most appropriate replacement and in line with our commitment to transparency, we will be asking interested applicants to submit a copy of their CV and a few paragraphs addressing the selection criteria (no more than half a page). As Chris Welby is from a small supplier background, the key criteria (in addition to the DWG terms of reference, available on the BSC website) which we will be considering for the new DWG member are:
- Deep knowledge of the meter to bank process for settlement
- Particular focus on demonstrable experience and knowledge of the requirements and processes of small suppliers, particularly those with domestic and microbusiness customers
- Good understanding of the existing non half hourly data collection and profiling process
- Good understanding of the changes and challenges the market and industry face over the coming years, including the rollout out of smart meters and the impact of innovation on the wholesale market and its participants
- Availability to commit and contribute to DWG meetings and sub groups, taking action, and developing options/ideas and proposals to help deliver the DWG’s work for Stage 2 on the detailed process descriptions and transition for the TOM
- Desirable to have experience in previous Ofgem or ELEXON settlement reform working groups and/or P272/P322 or elective half-hourly settlement related change modifications
Applications should be sent to Half-HourlySettlement@ofgem.gov.uk by no later than close of business 12 April 2019. We will also be considering those who previously applied for the DWG. If they are interested, we would also encourage them to submit a new application against the criteria set out above. Please note that applications will be shared with ELEXON.
If you have any questions on the DWG and the TOM design work please contact Jasmine.Killen@ofgem.gov.uk, cc-ing in Half-HourlySettlement@ofgem.gov.uk.