- Publication date
- 13th February 2015
- Information type
- Policy area
NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF A LICENCE PURSUANT TO SECTION 6 TOGETHER WITH REASONS PURSUANT TO SECTION 49A OF THE ELECTRICITY ACT 1989
Notice of Revocation
1. UK Power Networks (IDNO) Limited (company registration number 06489447), having its registered office at Newington House, 237 Southwark Bridge Road, London, SE1 6NP, United Kingdom, is the holder of an Electricity Distribution Licence (“the Licence”) granted or treated as granted under Section 6(1)(c) of the Electricity Act 1989 (“the Act”).
2. Section 6(8) of the Act provides that a licence granted or treated as granted under the Act may be revoked in accordance with any term contained in it.
3. The terms of the Licence provide that the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority (“the Authority”) may at any time revoke the Licence on giving not less than 30 days’ notice to UK Power Networks (IDNO) Limited where it agrees in writing with the Authority that the Licence should be revoked.
4. By letter dated 9 December 2014 UK Power Networks (IDNO) Limited requested revocation of the Licence because the licence is no longer required.
5. The Authority hereby gives notice that with effect from 31 March 2015 the Licence shall be revoked.
Reasons for Decision
6. The Licensee requested in writing to the Authority that the Licence should be revoked in accordance with paragraph 1(a) of Schedule 2 of the Licence by letter dated 9 December 2014. The Authority agrees that the revocation shall take place.
The Official seal of the Gas and Electricity
Markets Authority here
affixed is authenticated by –
Authorised in that
behalf by the Authority