- Publication date
- 12th March 2021
- Information type
- Policy area
NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF A LICENCE PURSUANT TO SECTION 7A WITH REASONS PURSUANT TO SECTION 38A OF THE GAS ACT 1986
Notice of Revocation
1. Robin Hood Energy Limited, (company registration number 08053212), having its registered office at C/O Deloitte Llp, Four Brindley Place, Birmingham, B1 2HZ, United Kingdom, is the holder of a Gas Supply Licence ("the Licence") granted or treated as granted under section 7A(1)(a) of the Gas Act 1986 ("the Act").
2. Section 7B(3) of the Act provides that a licence granted or treated as granted under the Act may be revoked in accordance with any term contained in it.
3. The terms of the Licence provide that the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority ("the Authority") may at any time revoke the Licence on giving not less than 24 hours’ notice to Robin Hood Energy Limited where it has an administration order under section 8 of the Insolvency Act 1986 made in relation to it; and, not less than 30 days’ notice where it agrees in writing with the Authority that the Licence should be revoked.
4. The Licensee had an administration order under section 8 of the Insolvency Act 1986 made in relation to it on 5 January 2021. The Administrator of the Licensee made a written request by letter dated 11 February 2021 that the Licence be revoked.
5. The Authority is satisfied that any arrangements required to be made under 7A(9) of the Act have been made if applicable.
6. The Authority hereby gives notice that, unless the Authority otherwise directs, with effect from 12 April 2021, the Licence shall be revoked.
Reasons for Decision
7. The Authority has decided that the Licence should be revoked in accordance with paragraph 1(f)(iii) of Schedule 2 of the Licence because the Licensee is subject to an administration order. Further, the Administrator of the Licensee requested in writing to the Authority that the Licence should be revoked in accordance with paragraph 1(a) of Schedule 2 of the Licence. The Authority agrees the revocation shall take place.
Duly authorised on behalf of the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority