News & Blog
Latest news & press releases
- Published: 6th Jan 2021Press releasesEnforcement0 Associated documents
Ofgem opens investigation into Symbio Energy Limited over Renewables Obligation and Feed-in Tariff payments
Energy regulator Ofgem has opened an investigation into Symbio Energy Limited over its late payments into the Renewables Obligation (RO) and Feed-in Tariff (FIT) schemes.
- Published: 18th Dec 2020Press releasesDomestic consumers0 Associated documents
Ofgem has published its annual report on the Warm Home Discount (WHD) showing that vulnerable customers benefited from over £348m of support from suppliers last winter.
- Published: 17th Dec 2020Press releasesElectricity - distribution0 Associated documents
Ofgem confirms approach to boosting green and smart investment in local grids for RIIO-ED2 electricity distribution price control
- Published: 16th Dec 2020Press releasesEnforcement0 Associated documents
EDF Energy (Thermal Generation) Limited agrees to pay £6 million for breaching wholesale energy market regulations
Ofgem has found that from September 2017 to March 2020, EDF Energy (Thermal Generation) Limited (EDF ETG) regularly sent misleading signals to the National Grid Electricity System Operator (ESO) about the capabilities of its generation plant.
- Published: 14th Dec 2020Press releasesCorporate information0 Associated documents
Read our response to the government’s Energy White Paper published today.
- Published: 8th Dec 2020Press releasesElectricity - transmission, Gas - distribution, Gas - transmission0 Associated documents
Ofgem gives go-ahead to a £40 billion+ investment programme for a stronger, greener and fairer GB energy system
Ofgem has finalised its price control for 2021-26 (RIIO-2) by confirming a major investment programme into Britain’s energy infrastructure to improve services for customers, reduce the impact of the networks on the environment, and drive a fair price for consumers.
- Published: 5th Dec 2020Press releasesDomestic consumers, Electricity - retail markets, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem has appointed Scottish Power to take on supplying Yorkshire Energy’s (also known as Daisy Energy) 74,000 domestic customers and a small number of non-domestic customers.
- Published: 2nd Dec 2020Press releasesBusiness consumers, Domestic consumers, Electricity - retail markets, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
Yorkshire Energy Limited (also known as Daisy Energy) a gas and electricity supplier with around 74,000 domestic customers, and a small number of non-domestic customers, is ceasing to trade.
- Published: 30th Nov 2020Press releasesDomestic consumers, Electricity - distribution, Electricity - transmission, Gas - distribution, Gas - transmission0 Associated documents
Ofgem awards five projects up to £58m in one of the biggest funding rounds to date. Projects focused on trialling hydrogen to heat homes as well as boosting flexibility and capacity of the grid.
- Published: 27th Nov 2020Press releasesElectricity - distribution0 Associated documents
Ofgem publishes 2020 Annual Iteration Process for the electricity distribution network price control
We have published the results of the 2020 Annual Iteration Process (AIP) for electricity distribution network companies under network price controls.