On 8 February 2016 deployment caps were introduced into the Feed-in Tariffs (FIT) scheme for all solar photovoltaic (PV), wind, hydro, and anaerobic digestion installations.
Deployment caps place limits on the total capacity that can receive a particular tariff rate in a particular tariff period. For tariff rates, please visit our FIT tariff rates page.
Tariff periods (TPs) are quarterly:
- Tariff period 1 - 01 January – 31 March
- Tariff period 2 - 01 April – 30 June
- Tariff period 3 - 01 July – 30 September
- Tariff period 4 - 01 October – 31 December
We publish several reports to assist applicants that have applied or are thinking about applying for the FIT scheme.
The ‘Weekly deployment update’ displays the status of all caps within the current tariff period and, if the cap has been reached, will give an indication of how far out capacity is currently queueing.
If you have a large scale or standalone solar PV installation and you have already put in an application, but have not been confirmed in a tariff period, you can check your position in the queue by looking at the “Queued capacity report”.
We do not publish a queue report for small PV and wind installations under 50kW.
If you’re interested in activity in previous Tariff Periods then we publish the following reports at the end of each tariff period:
- An ’End of Tariff Period report’ which is published quarterly at the end of each tariff period and confirms the activity in the previous tariff period.
- An ’End of Tariff Period queue report’ which is a snapshot of the queue at the end of tariff period.
Please be aware that reports do not contain live information. This information is updated periodically and will contain the date the data was last updated.