As we set out the next price controls to regulate the gas and electricity transmission networks from 2021 (RIIO-T2), we'll be running events, forums and seminars to get your input alongside our formal consultation process.
Here you can find information on what’s coming up and download presentations and outputs from our stakeholder events.
For sector-specific working group information, see:
- Policy working groups – electricity transmission (RIIO-ET2)
- Policy working groups – gas transmission (RIIO-GT2)
For information on our enhanced stakeholder engagement, see our RIIO policy challenge groups section.
For investor updates, see our Investor Relations section
RIIO-T2 events and webinars
We are holding a series of nine Open Meetings to discuss company responses to Ofgem’s Draft Determinations, strategically highlight key themes for discussion and raise any areas for clarification ahead of Final Determinations. You can register for these Open Meetings on our corporate Eventbrite.
You can watch our recently held webinars below:
- 4 August 2020: Sector-specific price control: Transmission webinar - watch event recording
- 10 August 2020: Net zero webinar - watch event recording
- 12 August 2020: Finance webinar - watch event recording
If you would like more information on our planned stakeholder engagement, please email email@example.com.
RIIO-T2 price review timeline
- Summer 2018: RIIO-2 framework consultation and decision. This stage encompassed a review of the overall RIIO framework so far and assessed if we needed to make any changes.
- Winter 2018/19: RIIO-2 sector-specific methodology consultation. This stage encompassed setting the sector-specific price control methodologies for the gas distribution, electricity and gas transmission operators, and the electricity system operator.
- Summer to autumn 2019: We asked network companies to submit their business plans and issued a call for evidence on stakeholder views on the plans.
- Spring 2020: Ofgem RIIO-2 challenge group and network company customer engagement and user groups submitted independent reports on the proposed network company business plans. The aim of these independent groups is to ensure consumers have a stronger voice in challenging each network company on how their needs and views are accounted for in the plans.
- Summer 2020: We publish our draft determinations on the price control allowances and consult on our proposals.
- Winter 2020: We publish our final determinations on the price control allowances. Subject to consultation, we expect to do this by December 2020.
- 1 April 2021: Price control effective.