Deployment caps were introduced into the Feed-in Tariffs (FIT) scheme for all technologies with the exception of micro combined heat and power (CHP) on 8 February 2016. Deployment caps for micro CHP were introduced on 1 April 2017.
Deployment caps place limits on the total capacity that can receive a particular tariff rate in a particular tariff period.
Tariff periods for all solar photovoltaic (PV), wind, hydro, and anaerobic digestion installations were quarterly:
- Tariff period 1 - 01 January – 31 March
- Tariff period 2 - 01 April – 30 June
- Tariff period 3 - 01 July – 30 September
- Tariff period 4 - 01 October – 31 December
Tariff periods for micro CHP installations were six monthly:
- Tariff period 1 - 1 April – 30 September
- Tariff period 2 - 1 October – 31 March
To learn more about deployments caps, see our Feed-in Tariff: Guidance for Renewable Installations.
Deployment caps reports
If you’re interested in activity in previous Tariff Periods, we provide the following reports:
- An ’End of Tariff Period report’ which is published quarterly at the end of each tariff period and confirms the activity in the previous tariff period.
- An ’End of Tariff Period queue report’ which is a snapshot of the queue at the end of each tariff period.
Please be aware that reports do not contain live information.
Publication of new deployment cap reports ended in April 2021.