Amended Documents and Draft Guidance
- Draft guidance changes: Bioliquids, wastes and residues under the RO
- Renewables and CHP Register User Guide
- Renewables Obligation: Annual Sustainability Template
- Renewables Obligation: Fuel Classification Flow Diagram
- Renewables Obligation: Fuel Measurement and Sampling Guidance
- Renewables Obligation: Sustainability Criteria
- Renewables Obligation: Sustainability Reporting
In 2017, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) consulted on new rules for bioliquids, wastes and residues under the Renewables Obligation (RO) in response to the European Union (EU) Directive on reducing indirect land-use change. For England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, the new rules came into force under the Renewables Obligation (Amendment) Regulations 2017.
The open letter summarises the changes to the scheme and the final changes we have made to our guidance, as a result of the amendment regulations. It also details comments we received on our draft guidance, and our responses to these comments. The document is for generators who operate a fuelled generating station.
List of amended guidance:
Renewables Obligation: Sustainability Criteria
Renewables Obligation: Sustainability Reporting Guidance
Renewables Obligation: Fuel Measurement and Sampling Guidance
Renewables Obligation: Fuel Classification Diagram
Renewables and CHP Register – System User Guide