The Energy Company Obligation is a government energy efficiency scheme for Great Britain, administered by Ofgem.
Our guidance documents provide information on the legislative requirements of the ECO4 Order and our administrative processes. The ECO4 Order commenced on 27 July 2022 and runs until 31 March 2026.
We have split the ECO4 Guidance into five parts:
- ECO4 Guidance: Supplier Administration,
- ECO4 Guidance: Delivery,
- ECO4 Guidance: Local Authority Administration
- ECO4 Guidance: New Measures and Products
- ECO4 Guidance: Draft Interim Delivery
The Delivery guidance is aimed at suppliers and the broader supply chain, describing how to deliver measures that are eligible to contribute towards the ECO targets.
The Delivery guidance addresses the following:
- How a supplier achieves its obligation
- Specific requirements relating to eligibility of households
- Measures eligible under ECO and the criteria that must be met
- How ECO savings are determined, including information on partial project and full project scores
- How measures are notified and the information we require
- The technical and score monitoring requirements that suppliers must meet
- The auditing and counter-fraud processes that suppliers will be subject to
- Supporting information contained in appendices.