- Publication date
- 8th August 2019
- Information types
- Policy areas
Cardiff Energy Supply, a small supplier with approximately 800 domestic gas customers, will be ceasing to trade. Ofgem has appointed SSE as the supplier of last resort for these customers.
Customers do not need to worry, they will continue to receive gas supplies as normal and credit balances will be protected. Pre-payment customers can continue to top up as normal.
Notes to editors
- Cardiff Energy Supply’s customers will be supplied gas by SSE as of 9 Aug 2019. Accounts will be fully set up over the coming weeks.
- SSE will be in touch with customers in the coming days. Any questions customers have should be directed to SSE.
- SSE will honour the credit balances of current and former Cardiff Energy Supply customers.
- Current and former customers who owe money, or are in debit to Cardiff Energy Supply should wait to hear from SSE or Cardiff Energy Supply’s administrators.
- Pre-payment customers can continue to top up as normal while their account with SSE is set up; once their account is set up with SSE they will receive a new top up card.
- SSE will be in touch with customers with direct debits to explain how to set their account and a new Direct Debit.
- If customers they need additional support, call Citizens Advice on 03454 04 05 06 or email them via their webform. Advice will also be shared on Ofgem’s twitter @ofgem and facebook channels.
- Cardiff Energy customers with questions should email SSE’s on: email@example.com, or call 0345 073 7729 for general enquiries, or 0345 026 0712 for pre-payment customers
For media, contact
Michelle Amos: 020 7901 1881
Media out of hours mobile: 07766 511470 (media calls only)
General enquiries (non-media)
If you are an energy customer looking for help and advice, including complaints about energy firms, please see our Household gas and electricity guide. Citizens Advice also provide a free, impartial helpline service across a range of issues on 03454 040506.
If you have an enquiry or complaint relating to Ofgem’s policies or functions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7901 7295.
For all other non-media related enquiries, please visit our Contact us page.
Ofgem is the independent energy regulator for Great Britain. Its priority is to make a positive difference for consumers by promoting competition in the energy markets and regulating networks.
For energy insights and updates straight to your inbox from Ofgem, please subscribe.