NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF A LICENCE PURSUANT TO SECTION 6 TOGETHER WITH REASONS PURSUANT TO SECTION 49A OF THE ELECTRICITY ACT 1989
Notice of Revocation
1. Shell Energy Supply UK Limited (company registration number 10025010), having its registered office at Shell Centre London, York Road, London, SE1 7NA, United Kingdom, is the holder of an Electricity Supply Licence (“the Licence”) granted or treated as granted under Section 6(1)(d) of the Electricity Act 1989.
2. Section 6(8) of the Act provides that a Licence granted or treated as granted under the Act may be revoked in accordance with any term contained in it.
3. The terms of the Licence provide that the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority (“the Authority”) may at any time revoke the Licence on giving not less than 30 days notice to Shell Energy Supply UK Limited where it agrees in writing with the Authority that the Licence should be revoked.
4. By letter dated 14 September 2021 Shell Energy Supply UK Limited requested revocation of the Licence.
5. The Authority is satisfied that any arrangements required to be made in accordance with the terms of Standard Licence Conditions 7-10 of the Electricity Supply Licence have been made if applicable.
6. The Authority hereby gives notice that, unless the Authority otherwise directs, with effect from 8 January 2022, the Licence shall be revoked.
Reasons for Decision
The Licensee requested in writing to the Authority that the Licence should be revoked in accordance with paragraph 1(a) of Schedule 2 of the Licence by letter dated 14 September 2021. The Authority agrees the revocation shall take place.
Duly authorised on behalf of the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority