This privacy notice explains how we will process your personal information under the Renewable Electricity schemes (“RE schemes”) administered by Ofgem. These are the:
- Renewables Obligation scheme in England and Wales (“RO”);
- Renewables Obligation scheme in Scotland (“ROS”);
- Renewables Obligation scheme in Northern Ireland (“NIRO”);
- Feed-In Tariffs (“FIT”) scheme;
- Renewable Energy Guarantees of Origin (“REGO”) scheme;
- Smart Export Guarantee (“SEG”) scheme; and
- Offtaker of Last Resort (“OLR”) scheme.
It applies to information we process concerning:
- scheme applicants, scheme participants, registered users of the Renewables & Combined Heat and Power (“R&CHP”) Register and the Central FIT Register (“CFR”), and other involved persons (e.g., agents);
- individuals who contact Ofgem with a query, complaint or a right of access request; for example, a subject access request regarding one of the schemes;
- people who sign up to receive scheme newsletters, reports and updates.
The controller for the processing of any personal information as outlined in this privacy notice is the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority, (GEMA). For ease of reference this privacy notice refers to the administrative office of GEMA, “Ofgem” throughout.