Price cap - Statutory consultation on changes to the wholesale methodology
- Closed (awaiting decision)
- Closed (with decision)
Supply and Retail Market
- Price cap - Decision on changes to the wholesale methodology
- Price Cap - Consultation on possible wholesale cost adjustment
- Price cap - May 2022 updated guidance on treatment of price indexation in future default tariff cap
- Decision on short-term interventions to address risks to consumers from market volatility
- Default tariff cap: decision - overview
- Consultation on Medium Term Changes to the Price Cap Methodology
This is a statutory consultation on proposed changes to the price cap wholesale methodology. The consultation addresses the price cap index, including the length of the notice period. It also contains a proposal to update the wholesale methodology to include backwardation. The deadline for responses is Tuesday 14th June 2022.
As of 26/05/2022 we have updated the draft annex 2 model on this webpage. Following responses from stakeholders, we have updated the wholesale cost model and made some technical changes to the calculation, including the transitional approach weightings. This does not impact the policy proposals put forward in the consultation.