- Publication date
- 13th February 2015
- Information type
- Policy area
NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF A LICENCE PUSUANT TO SECTION 7A WITH REASONS PURSUANT TO SECTION 38A OF THE GAS ACT 1986
Notice of Revocation
1. Total Global Steel Ltd (company registration number 03847731), having its registered office at 31st Floor, 40 Bank Street, London, E14 5NR, is the holder of a Gas Shipper Licence (“the Licence”) granted or treated as granted under section 7A(2) of the Gas Act 1986 (“the Act”).
2. Section 7B(3) of the Act provides that a licence granted or treated as granted under the Act may be revoked in accordance with any term contained in it.
3. The terms of the Licence provide that the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority (“the Authority”) may at any time revoke the Licence on giving not less than 24 hours’ notice to Total Global Steel Ltd where it has passed a resolution for the winding up of the company.
4. By a resolution passed on 31 July 2012, Total Global Steel Ltd resolved that the company would be wound up voluntarily.
5. The Authority hereby gives notice that with effect from 15 February 2015 the Licence shall be revoked.
Reasons for Decision
6. The Authority has decided that the Licence should be revoked in accordance with paragraph 1(f)(iv) of Schedule 2 of the Licence because the Licensee passed a resolution for the winding up of the company.
The Official seal of the Gas and Electricity
Markets Authority here
affixed is authenticated by –
Authorised in that
behalf by the Authority