- Publication date
- 25th February 2021
- Information type
- Policy area
NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF A LICENCE PURSUANT TO SECTION 7A WITH REASONS PURSUANT TO SECTION 38A OF THE GAS ACT 1986
Notice of Revocation
1. Great Western Energy Ltd, (company registration number 09514812), having its registered office at Baglan Bay Innovation Centre Central Avenue, Baglan, Port Talbot, West Glamorgan, Wales, SA12 7AX is the holder of a Gas Supply Licence (the “Licence”) granted or treated as granted under section 7A(1)(a) of the Gas Act 1986 (the “Act”).
2. Section 7B(3) of the Act provides that a licence granted or treated as granted under the Act may be revoked in accordance with any term contained in it.
3. Paragraph 1(e) of Schedule 2 of the Licence provides that the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority (the “Authority”) may at any time revoke the Licence on giving no less than 30 days’ notice to Great Western Energy Ltd where it has not commenced the licensable activity within 1 year after the date on which the Licence comes into force or has ceased to supply gas to all customers.
4. The Licensee has ceased supply to all customers.
Reasons for Decision
5. The Authority has decided that the Licence should be revoked in accordance with paragraph 1(e)(i) of Schedule 2 of the Licence because the Licensee has ceased supply to all customers within the specified area in Schedule 1.
6. The Authority hereby gives notice that, unless the Authority otherwise directs, the Licence will be revoked with effect from 31 March 2021.
Duly authorised on behalf of the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority
The Authority gave notice to Palladium Energy Supply Limited (the licensee) (company registration number 09134831) on 25 February 2021 that it’s licence would be revoked on 31 March 2021 unless the Authority directed otherwise.
On 25 March, the Authority directed that this revocation notice and decision be retracted to allow consideration of representations made by the licensee.
The revocation of this licence will therefore not take place on 31 March 2021.