- Publication date
- 15th February 2019
- Information type
- Policy area
NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF A LICENCE PURSUANT TO SECTION 6 TOGETHER WITH REASONS PURSUANT TO SECTION 49A OF THE ELECTRICITY ACT 1989
Notice of Revocation
1. NuGeneration Limited (company registration number 06829771), having its registered office at Hill House, 1 Little New Street, London, EC4A 3TR, United Kingdom is the holder of an Electricity Generation Licence (“the Licence”) granted or treated as granted under Section 6(1)(a) of the Electricity Act 1989 (“the Act”).
2. Section 6(8) of the Act provides that a licence granted or treated as granted under the Act may be revoked in accordance with any term contained in it.
3. The terms of the Licence provide that the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority (“the Authority”) may at any time revoke the Licence on giving not less than 30 days’ notice to NuGeneration Limited where it agrees in writing with the Authority that the Licence should be revoked.
4. By letter dated 07 January 2019 NuGeneration Limited requested revocation of the Licence.
5. The Authority hereby gives notice that with effect from 17 March 2019 the Licence shall be revoked.
Reasons for Decision
6. The Licensee requested in writing to the Authority that the Licence should be revoked in accordance with paragraph 1(a) of Schedule 2 of the Licence by letter dated 07 January 2019. The Authority agrees that the revocation shall take place.
The Official seal of the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority here affixed is authenticated by –
Authorised in that behalf by the Authority