- Publication date
- 31st March 2021
- Information type
- Policy area
NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF A LICENCE PURSUANT TO SECTION 6 OF THE ELECTRICITY ACT 1989
Notice of Revocation
1. ElectroRoute Supply Limited, (company registration number 0900889), having its registered office at No2 Pure Offices, Wilton Drive, Tournament Fields, Warwick, CV34 6RG is the holder of an Electricity Supply Licence (the “Licence”) granted or treated as granted under Section 6(1)(d) of the Electricity Act 1989 (the “Act”).
2. Section 6(8) of the Act provides that a licence granted or treated as granted under the Act may be revoked in accordance with any term contained in it.
3. Paragraph 1(e) of Schedule 2 of the Licence provides that the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority (the “Authority”) may at any time revoke the Licence on giving no less than 30 days’ notice to ElectroRoute Supply Limited where it has not commenced the licensable activity within 1 year after the date on which the Licence comes into force or has ceased to supply electricity to all customers.
4. The licensee has not commenced the supply of electricity to any premises within 1 year of the Licence coming into force.
Reasons for Decision
5. The Authority has decided that the Licence should be revoked in accordance with paragraph 1(e)(i) of Schedule 2 of the Licence because the Licensee has not within 1 year after the date of the Licence grant commenced the supply of electricity to any premises within the specified area in Schedule 1.
6. The Authority hereby gives notice that, unless the Authority otherwise directs, the Licence will be revoked with effect from 3 May 2021.
Duly authorised on behalf of the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority