- Publication date
- 17th February 2021
- Information type
- Policy area
NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF A LICENCE PURSUANT TO SECTION 6 TOGETHER WITH REASONS PURSUANT TO SECTION 49A OF THE ELECTRICITY ACT 1989
Notice of Revocation
1. Derwent Cogeneration Limited (company registration number 02650621), having its registered office at 6th Floor Radcliffe House, Blenheim Court, Solihull, B91 2AA, United Kingdom, is the holder of a Electricity Generation Licence (“the Licence”) granted or treated as granted under Section 6(1)(a) of the Electricity Act 1989 (“the Act”).
2. Section 6(8) of the Act provides that a licence granted or treated as granted under the Act may be revoked in accordance with any term contained in it.
3. The terms of the Licence provide that the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority (“the Authority”) may at any time revoke the Licence on giving not less than 30 days notice to Derwent Cogeneration Limited where it agrees in writing with the Authority that the Licence should be revoked.
4. By letter dated 18 December 2020 Derwent Cogeneration Limited requested revocation of the Licence.
5. The Authority hereby gives notice that, unless the Authority otherwise directs, with effect from 22 March 2021.
Reasons for Decision
6. The Licensee requested in writing to the Authority that the Licence should be revoked in accordance with paragraph 1(a) of Schedule 2 of the Licence by letter dated 18 December 2020. The Authority agrees that the revocation shall take place.
Duly authorised on behalf of the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority