News & Media
Latest news & press releases
- Published: 31st Jul 2015Press releasesGas - distribution, Gas - transmission0 Associated documents
Ofgem has today published three consultations on its draft decisions to allow additional efficient costs for National Grid gas and electricity transmission and two gas distribution network companies under pre-defined RIIO uncertainty mechanisms.
- Published: 21st Jul 2015Press releasesDomestic consumers0 Associated documents
Some npower customers’ Ombudsman rulings have been left outstanding for over 28 days. Ofgem has ensured they will now receive free energy until npower has fully implemented the rulings.
- Published: 17th Jul 2015Press releasesElectricity - wholesale markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem’s Electricity Security of Supply report has today confirmed that National Grid has enough additional balancing services to secure electricity supplies for consumers this winter.
- Published: 16th Jul 2015Press releasesCorporate information0 Associated documents
We welcome the Cutting Red Tape review and will work with government to look for opportunities to feed your views into our ongoing work.
- Published: 15th Jul 2015Press releasesBusiness consumers, Domestic consumers, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
Read our statement on today's (15 July 2015) gas price cut by British Gas.
- Published: 7th Jul 2015Press releasesCorporate information0 Associated documents
Read our response to the Competition and Markets Authority's (CMA) 'Provisional Findings' and 'Notice of Possible Remedies', published today.
- Published: 25th Jun 2015Press releasesDomestic consumers, Electricity - retail markets, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem is today calling on all energy suppliers to treat PPM customers fairly as its review shows variation in the treatment they’re receiving.
- Published: 23rd Jun 2015NewsCorporate information, Electricity - offshore transmission0 Associated documents
Min Zhu, our associate partner for electricity transmission, marks women in engineering day explaining the opportunities she’s found as a chartered engineer at Ofgem.
- Published: 3rd Jun 2015Press releasesElectricity - wholesale markets0 Associated documents
Read our response to National Grid’s announcement on the 2.56GW of additional electricity reserve it has secured for winter 2015/16.
- Published: 3rd Jun 2015Press releasesDomestic consumers, Electricity - retail markets0 Associated documents
From October energy suppliers must tell customers if their cheapest deal is marketed under a different brand
Ofgem has today announced its final decision on how energy suppliers who sell energy using white labels will be regulated.