News & Media
Latest news & press releases
- Published: 30th Sep 2015Press releasesDomestic consumers, Gas - distribution0 Associated documents
More support for fuel poor and vulnerable households with new Ofgem targets for gas network companies
Changes to the Fuel Poor Network Extension Scheme, announced today by Ofgem, will help reduce the number of households in fuel poverty by encouraging gas network companies to increase connections of eligible households to the grids they operate.
- Published: 29th Sep 2015Press releasesElectricity - distribution0 Associated documents
Ofgem today welcomes the Competition and Markets Authority’s decision on appeals made by two companies against specific elements of the 2015-2023 electricity distribution price control (RIIO ED1).
- Published: 24th Sep 2015Press releasesElectricity - transmission0 Associated documents
Today Ofgem has appointed Balfour Beatty Equitix Consortium as the preferred bidder to own and operate the offshore transmission link to the Humber Gateway windfarm for the next 20 years.
- Published: 9th Sep 2015NewsBusiness consumers, Domestic consumers, Electricity - retail markets, Electricity - wholesale markets, Environmental programmes, Gas - retail markets, Gas - wholesale markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem launches a new range of online indicators to monitor trends and boost transparency in the energy market for consumers and stakeholders.
- Published: 26th Aug 2015NewsElectricity - wholesale markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem has closed its investigations into Power Balancing Services and GF Power Peaking Ltd.
- Published: 21st Aug 2015Press releasesElectricity - offshore transmission0 Associated documents
Ofgem today completed the second tender round of its Offshore Transmission Owner (OFTO) regime. It granted West of Duddon Sands (WoDS) Transmission plc a licence to own and operate the transmission link to the West of Duddon Sands offshore wind farm.
- Published: 31st Jul 2015Press releasesGas - distribution, Gas - transmission0 Associated documents
Ofgem has today published three consultations on its draft decisions to allow additional efficient costs for National Grid gas and electricity transmission and two gas distribution network companies under pre-defined RIIO uncertainty mechanisms.
- Published: 21st Jul 2015Press releasesDomestic consumers0 Associated documents
Some npower customers’ Ombudsman rulings have been left outstanding for over 28 days. Ofgem has ensured they will now receive free energy until npower has fully implemented the rulings.
- Published: 17th Jul 2015Press releasesElectricity - wholesale markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem’s Electricity Security of Supply report has today confirmed that National Grid has enough additional balancing services to secure electricity supplies for consumers this winter.
- Published: 16th Jul 2015Press releasesCorporate information0 Associated documents
We welcome the Cutting Red Tape review and will work with government to look for opportunities to feed your views into our ongoing work.