News & Media
Latest news & press releases
- Published: 2nd Apr 2015Press releasesDomestic consumers, Electricity - retail markets, Enforcement, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem’s investigation found that E.ON incorrectly charged exit fees and/or overcharged customers following price rises in January 2013 and 2014.
- Published: 26th Mar 2015Press releasesDomestic consumers, Electricity - retail markets, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem has today published its latest Supply Market Indicator (SMI).This is a monthly estimate of costs and revenues for a typical large energy supplier over the coming 12 months.
- Published: 26th Mar 2015Press releasesDomestic consumers, Gas - distribution0 Associated documents
Ofgem is today calling on network companies to connect more customers to the gas grid, where it is the cheapest option for fuel poor consumers.
- Published: 18th Mar 2015Press releasesElectricity - wholesale markets, Enforcement0 Associated documents
Ofgem takes action after generator UK Capacity Reserve submitted inaccurate information as part of capacity auction
Ofgem has found that UK Capacity Reserve (UKCR) submitted inaccurate information when applying to be part of last year’s capacity auction.
- Published: 18th Mar 2015Press releasesEnforcement0 Associated documents
Ofgem has secured £100,000 from SSE after SSE’s pricing signal resulted in it receiving excessive constraint payments. The money will go to Energy Action Scotland.
- Published: 17th Mar 2015Press releasesElectricity - transmission0 Associated documents
Ofgem is today announcing new competition arrangements for some of GB’s electricity transmission network. Competitive tendering for new, separable, high value onshore transmission assets will benefit consumers through cost savings and innovation.
- Published: 6th Mar 2015NewsCorporate information0 Associated documents
It is with great regret that we must announce that David Harker, a non-executive director of the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority (GEMA), died on 2 March 2015.
- Published: 6th Mar 2015Press releasesElectricity - transmission0 Associated documents
Ofgem is today consulting on proposals to approve the need for three new electricity interconnectors. These could be built by 2020 and provide around 3.4GW of electricity capacity.
- Published: 4th Mar 2015Press releasesEnforcement0 Associated documents
ScottishPower has stopped proactive selling for 12 days after Ofgem found that the supplier failed to remove a backlog of outstanding Energy Ombudsman decisions by the end of November. The ban started today and affects all outbound sales activities.
- Published: 4th Mar 2015Press releasesElectricity - distribution0 Associated documents
Ofgem’s response to appeals by British Gas and Northern Powergrid on RIIO-ED1 price control decision
Ofgem believes our decision delivers the right balance between cost for consumers and investment for a reliable network.