News & Media
Latest news & press releases
- Published: 25th Nov 2015Press releasesEnforcement0 Associated documents
The business energy supplier failed to properly explain important contract terms to its customers, its complaints handling processes were inadequate and it wrongly blocked some customers from switching supplier.
- Published: 9th Nov 2015Press releasesEnforcement0 Associated documents
The supplier delivered advanced meters to less than 65% of its relevant electricity business customers by April 2014 deadline.
- Published: 5th Nov 2015Press releasesEnforcement0 Associated documents
The money will go to help Citizens Advice provide energy advice to consumers.
- Published: 28th Oct 2015Press releasesElectricity - distribution0 Associated documents
Owners of Britain’s local electricity grids will face new rules from 30 October 2015 forcing them to open up competition in the electricity connections market.
- Published: 23rd Oct 2015Press releasesElectricity - distribution, Gas - distribution0 Associated documents
Ofgem has today published a report on regional differences in the way costs for transporting energy are recovered from bills.
- Published: 21st Oct 2015Agendas, minutes and presentations, NewsBusiness consumers, Corporate information, Domestic consumers, Electricity - distribution, Electricity - retail markets, Electricity - transmission, Electricity - wholesale markets, Enforcement, Gas - distribution, Gas - retail markets, Gas - transmission, Gas - wholesale markets, Licences, codes and standards0 Associated documents
Read a transcript of our CEO Dermot Nolan's speech at the Energy UK Annual Conference 2015.
- Published: 19th Oct 2015Press releasesElectricity - transmission0 Associated documents
Ofgem is consulting on how to tender out new onshore electricity transmission infrastructure projects worth £100m or more. The first tender could take place in 2017.
Since 2009 links to offshore wind farms have been competitively tendered, saving consumers between £200m and £400m so far. Now Ofgem wants to apply this successful formula to new, high-value onshore electricity transmission infrastructure.
- Published: 16th Oct 2015NewsElectricity - wholesale markets0 Associated documents
Today we’ve published an animated video explaining how National Grid, the gas and electricity system operator, matches electricity being generated with customer demand.
- Published: 14th Oct 2015Press releasesEnforcement0 Associated documents
Utilita will pay £450,000 to StepChange after Ofgem found it had wrongly blocked 40,000 of its customers from switching to other suppliers.
- Published: 30th Sep 2015Press releasesDomestic consumers, Gas - distribution0 Associated documents
More support for fuel poor and vulnerable households with new Ofgem targets for gas network companies
Changes to the Fuel Poor Network Extension Scheme, announced today by Ofgem, will help reduce the number of households in fuel poverty by encouraging gas network companies to increase connections of eligible households to the grids they operate.