News & Media
Latest news & press releases
- Published: 4th Mar 2015Press releasesEnforcement0 Associated documents
ScottishPower has stopped proactive selling for 12 days after Ofgem found that the supplier failed to remove a backlog of outstanding Energy Ombudsman decisions by the end of November. The ban started today and affects all outbound sales activities.
- Published: 4th Mar 2015Press releasesElectricity - distribution0 Associated documents
Ofgem’s response to appeals by British Gas and Northern Powergrid on RIIO-ED1 price control decision
Ofgem believes our decision delivers the right balance between cost for consumers and investment for a reliable network.
- Published: 28th Feb 2015Press releasesElectricity - retail markets, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem’s response to the Energy and Climate Change Committee’s report: Protecting Consumers – Making Energy Price Comparison Websites Transparent
We’ve responded to the Energy and Climate Change Select Committee’s report on energy price comparison websites which was published today.
- Published: 26th Feb 2015Press releasesDomestic consumers, Electricity - retail markets, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem has today published its latest Supply Market Indicator (SMI).This is a monthly estimate of costs and revenues for a typical large energy supplier over the coming 12 months.
- Published: 23rd Feb 2015Press releasesElectricity - distribution, Electricity - transmission, Gas - distribution, Gas - transmission0 Associated documents
Ofgem notes the committee’s views and welcomes debate on the regulation of the energy network and believes our regulation has delivered value for money.
- Published: 20th Feb 2015Press releasesElectricity - retail markets, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem has today set out final proposals for regulating suppliers who sell energy using white labels in the domestic energy market. From July, suppliers will have to be more transparent and tell customers what their cheapest tariff is regardless of the brand they use.
- Published: 19th Feb 2015Agendas, minutes and presentations, NewsCorporate information1 Associated documents
Ofgem CEO Dermot Nolan appeared as a guest speaker at the Warwick Economics Summit at Warwick University on Friday 13 February 2015.
- Published: 18th Feb 2015Press releasesElectricity - retail markets, Electricity - wholesale markets, Gas - retail markets, Gas - wholesale markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem’s response to the Competition and Markets Authority’s updated Issues Statement for the Energy Market Investigation
Read Ofgem's response to the Competition and Markets Authority’s updated Issues Statement, published earlier today (18 January 2015).
- Published: 17th Feb 2015NewsBusiness consumers, Corporate information, Domestic consumers, Electricity - distribution, Electricity - offshore transmission, Electricity - retail markets, Electricity - transmission, Electricity - wholesale markets, Enforcement, Environmental programmes, Gas - distribution, Gas - retail markets, Gas - transmission, Gas - wholesale markets, Licences, codes and standards0 Associated documents
Building on the positive response to the publications library we launched in August 2014, we have rolled out additional libraries across our website.