News & Blog
Latest news & press releases
- Published: 23rd Oct 2019Press releasesElectricity - transmission0 Associated documents
Ofgem encourages SSEN to submit revised proposals for Scottish Isles transmission links as current proposals fail to meet conditions for approval
- Published: 22nd Oct 2019Press releasesBusiness consumers, Domestic consumers, Electricity - retail markets, Enforcement, Gas - retail markets, Licences, codes and standards0 Associated documents
Ofgem consults on reforms for existing suppliers to drive up customer service standards, reduce the risk of supplier failure and strengthen the safety net.
- Published: 18th Oct 2019Press releasesBusiness consumers, Electricity - retail markets, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem has appointed Total Gas and Power to take on supplying Rutherford Energy Supply Limited’s (trading as Uttily Energy) 280 business customers, following an appointment process run by Ofgem to get the best deal possible for customers.
- Published: 18th Oct 2019Press releasesElectricity - distribution0 Associated documents
Ofgem allows funding for electricity distribution network companies to invest in site security, street works and rail electrification.
- Published: 15th Oct 2019Press releasesBusiness consumers, Electricity - retail markets, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
Rutherford Energy Supply Limited (trading as Uttily Energy), an energy supplier with around 280 business customers has ceased to trade.
- Published: 15th Oct 2019Press releasesElectricity - transmission0 Associated documents
Consumers will save money under Ofgem plans to reduce National Grid’s funding request to connect the new Hinkley Point C nuclear reactor to the grid by £80 million.
- Published: 3rd Oct 2019Press releasesElectricity - distribution, Electricity - offshore transmission, Electricity - retail markets, Electricity - transmission, Electricity - wholesale markets, Gas - distribution, Gas - retail markets, Gas - transmission, Gas - wholesale markets0 Associated documents
UK is a global leader in cutting greenhouse emissions but progress slows last year.
- Published: 2nd Oct 2019Press releasesCorporate information0 Associated documents
Ofgem has today appointed Jonathan Brearley, its current executive director for systems and networks, as chief executive.
- Published: 1st Oct 2019Press releasesEnforcement, Environmental programmes, RO0 Associated documents
Four suppliers missed the original deadline of 1 September 2019 and have not provided Ofgem with adequate assurances that they will pay by the late payment deadline
- Published: 27th Sep 2019Press releasesDomestic consumers, Electricity - retail markets, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
Around 30% of disengaged customers who took part in Ofgem’s latest simplified collective switch trial changed their energy deal.