News & Blog
Latest news & press releases
- Published: 30th Jul 2020Press releasesElectricity - distribution0 Associated documents
Ofgem to ‘turn your street green’, with proposals to transform Britain’s local electricity networks for a cleaner, fairer energy system.
- Published: 29th Jul 2020Press releasesBusiness consumers, Electricity - retail markets, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem has unveiled plans to tackle unscrupulous energy brokers so millions of microbusinesses can get a better deal.
- Published: 15th Jul 2020Press releasesEnforcement0 Associated documents
Ofgem launches investigation into United Gas and Power Ltd’s billing and communications activities.
- Published: 9th Jul 2020Press releasesElectricity - transmission, Gas - distribution, Gas - transmission0 Associated documents
Ofgem has unveiled proposals for a five-year investment programme to transform Britain's energy networks to deliver emissions-free green energy for GB along with world-class service and reliability.
- Published: 29th Jun 2020Press releasesDomestic consumers, Electricity - retail markets, Gas - retail markets, Licences, codes and standards0 Associated documents
Ofgem is consulting on plans to standardise and strengthen support for prepayment customers and for all customers who are struggling to pay their energy bills.
- Published: 25th Jun 2020Press releasesBusiness consumers, Corporate information, Electricity - retail markets, Gas - retail markets, Licences, codes and standards0 Associated documents
Ofgem finalises proposals for existing suppliers to drive up customer service standards, reduce the impact of supplier failure and strengthen the safety net for consumers.
- Published: 22nd May 2020Press releasesElectricity - transmission0 Associated documents
Energy regulator Ofgem has confirmed its decision to cut the proposed cost of the Hinkley-Seabank project by £60m, saving consumers money on their bills.
- Published: 23rd Apr 2020Press releasesElectricity - transmission0 Associated documents
Ofgem has approved a proposal by Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN) to build a 600MW subsea electricity transmission link from Shetland to mainland Scotland.
- Published: 15th Apr 2020Press releasesElectricity - wholesale markets, Enforcement0 Associated documents
InterGen to pay £37m over energy market abuse.
- Published: 21st Mar 2020Press releasesBusiness consumers, Domestic consumers, Electricity - retail markets, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem has appointed Bulb to take on supplying Gnergy Limited’s 9,000 domestic customers and small number of non-domestic customers.