Support for inclusion, equality and diversity
In Ofgem, we value all colleagues regardless of gender, background, ethnicity, age, nationality, expertise or experience. We are better and stronger the more diverse we are. We are committed to improving diversity and inclusion internally and across the energy sector – it is one of our top priorities and absolutely vital when addressing current challenges.
We’re taking specific actions through our 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, as well as delivering a range of Diversity and Inclusion initiatives such as:
- Partnering with Energy-UK, the ENA and the Energy Institute to launch and run the Tackling Inclusion and Diversity in Energy (TIDE) Taskforce
- Launching a Transitioning at Work Policy
- Reporting significant improvements to female representation as part of the 50:50 project.
- Partnering with Energy UK and Citizens Advice to launch the Diversity in Speakers Directory, promoting external speakers in energy from ethnic minority communities.
- Making a public pledge on our D&I targets with POWERful Women
- Partnering with Energy UK’s Pride in Energy Group to launch our Power in Pride Promise to ensure inclusion for our LGBT+ colleagues.
- Being a Disability Confident Employer to ensure an accessible working environment for all our disabled colleagues.
- Taking a firm stance on not participating in events with all white/all male speaker lists
Our diversity and inclusion staff networks
Our networks are run by colleagues for colleagues. Open to all Ofgem staff, they promote and support inclusion, equality and diversity initiatives in our workplace and culture. Learn more about them below.