The Feed in Tariff (FIT) annual report covers scheme activity during 2020-21. It presents statistics on the installations accredited, payments made to participants, outlines changes to the scheme’s regulations and provides a summary of our audit and compliance programme.
- 2,201 new accreditations were registered on the CFR in Year 11, bringing the scheme total to 869,976.
- Total installed capacity (TIC) on the scheme is now 6.43 GW, with 9.14 TWh of renewable electricity generated by FIT installations during Year 11. Electricity exports also rose to from 1.77 TWh in 2019-20 to 3.96 TWh in 2020-21.
- Photovoltaic (PV) installations account for 98.88% (860,257) of all FIT accreditations, forming 5.13 GW of TIC.
- 2020-21 generation payments were approximately £1.55 billion, whilst total export payments were £199 million.
- The total scheme value for 2020-21 was £1.76 billion, an increase of £159 million from 2019-20.
Please note: For those who wish to look at the data used in the report in more detail, a spreadsheet with this information is published below.