Consultation on updates to Data Best Practice Guidance and Digitalisation Strategy and Action Plan Guidance
- Closed (awaiting decision)
- Closed (with decision)
- Supply and Retail Market
- Distribution Network
- Generation and Wholesale Market
- Offshore Transmission Network
- Transmission Network
We are consulting on: Revisions to Data Best Practice Guidance and Digitalisation Strategy and Action Plan Guidance.
We are proposing to update Data Best Practice Guidance and Digitalisation Strategy and Action Plan Guidance to signpost that Electricity Distribution licensees are now obligated to meet the requirements set out in these guidance documents.
We are also proposing to make changes to Data Best Practice Guidance in response to developments in the digital energy sector and following a Call for Input published by Ofgem in September 2022. Ofgem has committed to operating an agile regulatory environment (where relevant) as set out in action 4 of our joint Digitalisation Strategy and Action Plan with the Department for Energy Security and Net Zero and Innovate UK.
These proposed changes include the following (but are not limited to):
- Introducing the requirement to use a Data Catalogue to improve visibility of Data Assets.
- Classifying aggregated smart meter consumption data, and Data Assets associated with the operation of flexibility markets, as Energy System Data, which must be treated as Presumed Open.