- Publication date
- 16th December 2020
- Information type
- Policy area
NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF A LICENCE PURSUANT TO SECTION 7A WITH REASONS PURSUANT TO SECTION 38A OF THE GAS ACT 1986
Notice of Revocation
1. Keep Energy Limited, (company registration number 10971859), having its registered office at Unit 5 Sprint Way, Speke Business, Liverpool, L24 9AB is the holder of a Gas Supply Licence (the “Licence”) granted or treated as granted under section 7A(1)(a) of the Gas Act 1986 (the “Act”).
2. Section 7B(3) of the Act provides that a licence granted or treated as granted under the Act may be revoked in accordance with any term contained in it.
3. Paragraph 1(e) of Schedule 2 of the Licence provides that the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority (the “Authority”) may at any time revoke the Licence on giving no less than 30 days’ notice to Keep Energy Limited where it has not commenced the licensable activity within 1 year after the date on which the Licence comes into force or has ceased to supply gas to all customers.
4. The Licensee has not commenced the supply of gas to any premises within 1 year of the Licence coming into force.
Reasons for Decision
5. The Authority has decided that the Licence should be revoked in accordance with paragraph 1(e)(i) of Schedule 2 of the Licence because the Licensee has not within 1 year after the date of the Licence grant commenced the supply of gas to any premises within the specified area in Schedule 1.
6. The Authority hereby gives notice that, unless the Authority otherwise directs, the Licence will be revoked with effect from 18 January 2021.
Duly authorised on behalf of the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority