- Publication date
- 19th November 2014
- Information types
- Policy areas
We have launched an online tool to help energy companies, the wider supply chain and consumers to identify areas that may be eligible for the installation of energy efficiency measures under the Carbon Savings Community Obligation (CSCO) element of the Energy Companies Obligation (ECO).
The CSCO tool:
- identifies postcodes in areas eligible for insulation measures
- provides assurance that premises to which measures are delivered, have been/ will be in an eligible CSCO area
- enables easy data retrieval, including through maps and exports
- can be used remotely through a tablet or smart phone
- provides information about the eligibility of a postcode specific to the three time periods of ECO: ECO1, ECO1.2 and ECO2, and helping installers and energy companies to forward-plan.
CSCO requires energy companies to install insulation measures in properties in areas of low income and in vulnerable households in rural areas. These areas are defined by legislation at an ‘LSOA/Datazone’ level.
This tool will also be used by Ofgem when checking the eligibility of installations claimed against CSCO.