You may qualify for extra help from your energy supplier, or certain grants, benefits and support provided by the government or charities.
The support can range from help with heating your home, such as through winter fuel payments, to financial help to clear a debt or grants that can fund energy efficiency improvements to your home, like free boiler replacement or roof insulation. What you can access will depend on your personal circumstances.
Help you can get
Select a link to find out more:
- Priority Services Register for people in need
- Home heating support schemes and advice
- Energy saving support schemes and advice
- Ofgem energy customer database service
- Power cuts: Help and compensation under the Guaranteed Standards
Ofgem safety net
In the rare case that an energy supplier goes out of business, Ofgem's safety net will ensure you’ll always have an energy supply, and that you feel as little change as possible. Click though to find out more: