News & Blog
Latest news & press releases
- Published: 15th Sep 2017Press releasesElectricity - distribution0 Associated documents
Ofgem has reduced the allowances of some electricity distribution network owners by £200m
- Published: 31st Aug 2017Press releasesBusiness consumers, Corporate information, Domestic consumers0 Associated documents
Ofgem has published complete annual data on the profit margins from the six large energy suppliers’ Consolidated Segmental Statements.
- Published: 30th Aug 2017Press releasesCorporate information, Electricity - transmission0 Associated documents
Ofgem’s response to National Grid’s proposed network upgrade to connect the new Hinkley Point C nuclear power station
Ofgem has today said that an upgrade to the high-voltage grid is needed to connect the new nuclear plant at Hinkley Point.
- Published: 24th Aug 2017Press releasesCorporate information, Enforcement0 Associated documents
Ofgem appoints Energy Saving Trust to distribute payments from rule-breaking energy companies to charities
Ofgem has appointed the Energy Saving Trust to manage allocation of voluntary redress payments to charitable organisations by rule breaking energy companies.
- Published: 21st Aug 2017Press releasesBusiness consumers, Electricity - distribution, Electricity - transmission0 Associated documents
Ofgem informs Britain’s electricity DNOs that their revenue could be cut following how well they are dealing with new customers that request connections.
- Published: 7th Aug 2017Press releasesDomestic consumers, Electricity - retail markets, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem updates level of prepayment safeguard tariff cutting bills for around 3 million households by up to £19 based on typical consumption.
- Published: 4th Aug 2017Press releasesBusiness consumers, Domestic consumers, Electricity - distribution, Electricity - retail markets, Electricity - transmission, Electricity - wholesale markets, Gas - distribution, Gas - retail markets, Gas - transmission, Gas - wholesale markets0 Associated documents
We have launched a new strategy for regulation in the coming years as the energy system continues to decarbonise.
- Published: 4th Aug 2017Press releasesGas - transmission0 Associated documents
Ofgem is removing £277.5 million funding from National Grid’s price control allowance.
- Published: 3rd Aug 2017Press releasesElectricity - offshore transmission, Electricity - transmission0 Associated documents
Ofgem has today announced shortlists of bidders competing to own and operate transmission links to the Galloper and Walney Extension windfarms.
- Published: 3rd Aug 2017Press releasesElectricity - distribution, Electricity - offshore transmission, Electricity - transmission, Enforcement, Gas - wholesale markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem has confirmed that a new, legally separate electricity system operator should be established within National Grid.