News & Blog
Latest news & press releases
- Published: 27th Oct 2016Press releasesDomestic consumers0 Associated documents
Co-operative Energy has agreed to pay £1.8 million to energy consumers, because it let customers down in its customer services processes.
- Published: 26th Oct 2016Press releasesBusiness consumers, Domestic consumers, Electricity - retail markets, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
Customers’ credit balances are now protected under new Ofgem safety net if supplier becomes insolvent.
- Published: 25th Oct 2016Press releasesDomestic consumers, Electricity - retail markets, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
More customers in vulnerable situations will get extra help, under changes to the Priority Services Register announced by Ofgem today.
- Published: 18th Oct 2016Press releasesElectricity - transmission0 Associated documents
Consumers are likely to see greater benefits from the development of the 1.4GW NSL electricity interconnector between Northumberland and Norway.
- Published: 11th Oct 2016Press releasesBusiness consumers, Domestic consumers, Electricity - distribution, Electricity - offshore transmission, Electricity - retail markets, Electricity - transmission, Electricity - wholesale markets, Enforcement, Environmental programmes, ECO, Domestic RHI, Non-Domestic RHI, FIT, REGO, RO, CCL, WHD, GER, Gas - distribution, Gas - retail markets, Gas - transmission, Gas - wholesale markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem has today launched its Future Insights programme with the first in a series of discussion papers exploring the issues and opportunities for consumers from the transformation of the energy system over the coming decades.
- Published: 30th Sep 2016Press releasesElectricity - offshore transmission0 Associated documents
On 10 October 2016 Ofgem will start the fifth tender round (TR5) for offshore transmission owners (OFTOs) where companies will bid to become owners of five transmission links to offshore wind farms.
- Published: 30th Sep 2016Press releasesEnforcement0 Associated documents
An investigation into marketing, sales and switching practices by E (Gas and Electricity) Limited (“E”) has today been launched by Ofgem.
- Published: 30th Sep 2016Press releasesDomestic consumers, Electricity - retail markets, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem has published its annual report on how suppliers supported customers in vulnerable situations and managed debt and disconnection in 2015.
- Published: 28th Sep 2016Press releasesGas - distribution, Gas - transmission0 Associated documents
Ofgem has today published a letter to potential buyers of the majority stake in National Grid’s four gas distribution networks and part of SSE’s equity stake in SGN.