News & Blog
Latest news & press releases
- Published: 22nd Sep 2016Press releasesEnforcement, Licences, codes and standards0 Associated documents
E.ON is paying £3.1m to customers and charities after agents missed appointments, following engagement with Ofgem.
- Published: 22nd Sep 2016Press releasesDomestic consumers0 Associated documents
Ofgem's biennial survey, which compares how suppliers handle complaints, shows complainants are less satisfied compared to two years ago and more prepared to switch supplier.
- Published: 21st Sep 2016Press releasesEnforcement0 Associated documents
Ofgem has today launched an investigation into sales practices by Economy Energy Trading Limited.
- Published: 19th Sep 2016Press releasesBusiness consumers, Domestic consumers0 Associated documents
Read Ofgem CEO Dermot Nolan's comments on the launch of the Energy Theft hotline.
- Published: 14th Sep 2016Press releasesDomestic consumers, Electricity - retail markets, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem has today published proposals to cap charges for installing prepayment meters (PPMs) under warrant.
- Published: 13th Sep 2016Press releasesElectricity - offshore transmission0 Associated documents
Ofgem has today announced a shortlist of five bidders competing to own and run the £230 million transmission link to the Burbo Bank Extension offshore windfarm, situated in the Bay of Liverpool.
- Published: 7th Sep 2016Press releasesElectricity - offshore transmission0 Associated documents
Balfour Beatty Equitix Consortium (BBEC) is the new owner of the link to the Humber Gateway wind farm.
- Published: 6th Sep 2016Press releasesBusiness consumers, Domestic consumers0 Associated documents
Energy customer switches rise by 30%, as millions of customers change supplier in the first half of the year
Our data shows that millions of people changed their supplier in the first half of this year.
- Published: 23rd Aug 2016Press releasesDomestic consumers, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem responds to Energy UK publishing of figures on the number of live accounts affected by a gas metering and billing issue.
- Published: 23rd Aug 2016Press releasesElectricity - wholesale markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem has today published its decision on National Grid’s request to recover the costs of two contracts for grid services that it agreed with SSE (for the Fiddler’s Ferry power station) and Drax worth £113m in total.