News & Blog
Latest news & press releases
- Published: 8th Apr 2021Press releasesElectricity - transmission, Enforcement0 Associated documents
National Grid Electricity System Operator to pay £1.5 million for failure to meet its licence obligation to provide accurate and unbiased electricity demand forecasts in 2017.
- Published: 31st Mar 2021Press releasesCorporate information0 Associated documents
Energy UK in partnership with Ofgem will host the second Inclusion, Equality and Diversity Conference on 28 and 29 April.
- Published: 17th Mar 2021Press releasesElectricity - retail markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem is consulting on proposals to limit the amount of customer credit balances suppliers can hold, which could result in as much as £1.4 billion being returned.
- Published: 11th Mar 2021News and blogsElectricity - distribution, Electricity - transmission, Gas - distribution, Gas - transmission0 Associated documents
Energy network company annual reports 2019-20.
- Published: 11th Mar 2021Press releasesElectricity - distribution0 Associated documents
Ofgem boosts investment for Britain’s electric car and local power revolution.
- Published: 5th Mar 2021News and blogsBusiness consumers, Corporate information, Domestic consumers, Electricity - distribution, Electricity - offshore transmission, Electricity - retail markets, Electricity - transmission, Electricity - wholesale markets, Enforcement, Environmental programmes, ECO, Domestic RHI, Non-Domestic RHI, FIT, REGO, RO, CCL, WHD, GER, SEG, Gas - distribution, Gas - retail markets, Gas - transmission, Gas - wholesale markets, Licences, codes and standards0 Associated documents
Ofgem.gov.uk will be unavailable between 10:00 and 11:00 on Saturday 6 March due to scheduled maintenance
- Published: 4th Mar 2021News and blogsElectricity - offshore transmission0 Associated documents
Ofgem’s regulatory framework secures £1.2 billion investment in grid link connecting the world’s largest offshore wind farm.
- Published: 2nd Mar 2021Press releasesDomestic consumers, Electricity - retail markets, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem takes compliance action over suppliers’ failure to comply with Price Protection rules with £10.4 million redress package for customers
- Published: 23rd Feb 2021News and blogsLicences, codes and standards0 Associated documents
We are developing a new Ofgem website. In response to user feedback, we have built a prototype of a new service where we intend to list publications that relate to specific licence types, and to specific licenced companies, in a single location. Visit the beta site to give your feedback.
- Published: 5th Feb 2021Press releasesBusiness consumers, Domestic consumers, Electricity - retail markets, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem has announced today that from 1 April 2021 the price cap will return to pre-pandemic levels, principally as a result of changes in wholesale energy prices.