News & Blog
Latest news & press releases
- Published: 4th Jul 2016Press releasesEnforcement0 Associated documents
Ofgem opens investigation into whether Extra Energy broke rules relating to billing, customer service and complaints handling.
- Published: 24th Jun 2016Press releasesBusiness consumers, Corporate information, Domestic consumers, Electricity - distribution, Electricity - offshore transmission, Electricity - retail markets, Electricity - transmission, Electricity - wholesale markets, Enforcement, Gas - distribution, Gas - retail markets, Gas - transmission, Gas - wholesale markets, Licences, codes and standards0 Associated documents
Watch our CEO Dermot Nolan's response to the publication of the Competition and Markets Authority’s (CMA) final report.
- Published: 22nd Jun 2016Press releasesEnforcement0 Associated documents
Ofgem is today consulting on legally binding commitments from SSE following our investigation into whether SSE’s behaviour could have impeded competition in the market for connecting new developments to SSE’s electricity distribution networks.
- Published: 20th Jun 2016Press releasesElectricity - distribution0 Associated documents
Today we’ve published a decision on the methods we will use for assessing electricity distribution network owners’ (DNOs) performance in 5 specific areas of their previous 2010-2015 price control.
- Published: 13th Jun 2016Press releasesBusiness consumers, Domestic consumers, Electricity - retail markets, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem has today published proposals to protect customers’ money in the unlikely event a supplier goes out of business.
- Published: 8th Jun 2016Press releasesElectricity - retail markets, Electricity - transmission, Electricity - wholesale markets0 Associated documents
Ofgem is consulting on National Grid’s request to recover the costs of two contracts for grid services that it agreed with SSE (for the Fiddlers Ferry power station) and Drax following a tender process.
- Published: 12th May 2016Press releasesElectricity - transmission, Gas - distribution, Gas - transmission0 Associated documents
Ofgem opens mid-period review into price controls for National Grid Electricity Transmission and National Grid Gas Transmission
Following our consultation in November we are launching a mid-period review into the 2013-2021 price controls for National Grid Electricity Transmission and National Grid Gas Transmission
- Published: 8th May 2016Press releasesElectricity - retail markets, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
Read our response to the Mail on Sunday's report on SSE sales practices.
- Published: 29th Apr 2016Press releasesDomestic consumers, Electricity - retail markets, Gas - retail markets0 Associated documents
Our data shows that around two thirds of customers could save up to £325 by moving from their supplier’s expensive standard tariff to the cheapest fixed- term deal.
- Published: 26th Apr 2016Press releasesDomestic consumers, Enforcement0 Associated documents
ScottishPower has agreed to pay £18m concluding an Ofgem investigation into the supplier’s complaint resolution, call handling and billing processes, during and following the supplier’s implementation of a new IT system