Our priority is to protect consumers’ interests, which we do through the promotion of effectively functioning markets and networks.
We do this by removing barriers, for example by ensuring there is greater transparency of information to all parties including customers.
When necessary, we use our powers to monitor and address any behaviour or practices which may have an adverse effect on the way that markets and networks function.
The Gas Transmission Networks section contains information on the following areas of our work:
- The GB gas transmission network – an overview of how the GB gas transmission network operates
- Network innovation - an introduction to network innovation work including the Network Innovation Competition
- Price Controls – insight into how we use price controls to regulate natural monopolies as well as information on the LNG Price Control and RIIO-T1
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Entry and exit capacity – including information on auctions and substitutions
- Gas Interconnectors – the systems that connect Britain’s gas transmission network to the networks of other countries
- Revenue Drivers
- Forums, seminars and working groups relating to gas transmission networks issues.