Our priority is to protect consumers’ interests, which we do through the promotion of effectively functioning markets and networks.
We do this by removing barriers, for example by ensuring there is greater transparency of information to all parties including customers.
When necessary, we use our powers to monitor and address any behaviour or practices which may have an adverse effect on the way that markets and networks function.
The Gas Distribution Networks section contains information on the following areas of our work:
- The GB gas distribution network – an overview of how the GB distribution network operates
- Connections and competition – information on competition within the networks and information about Independent Gas Transporters
- Network Price Controls –the RIIO-GD1 price control and historical price control reviews
- Charging arrangements – including modifications to charging methodologies
- Network Innovation – including information on the Network Innovation Competition and the Network Innovation Allowance
- Forums, seminars and working groups relating to gas wholesale market issues.