The Renewables and CHP Register (the Register) is a web-based system used to manage a number of schemes that we administer on behalf of government. These include:
- the Renewables Obligation (RO)
- the Climate Change Levy (CCL) exemptions for Renewables and good quality Combined Heat and Power (CHP)
- the Renewable Energy Guarantees of Origin (REGO)
- the Feed-in Tariff (FIT).
The Register is used by existing or prospective generators to:
- apply for new accreditation and manage existing accreditations
- submit or edit output data
- receive and transfer certificates (Renewables Obligations Certificates (ROCs), Renewable and CHP Levy Exemption Certificates (LECs) and REGO Certificates)
- submit annual declarations
- access data reports.
Licensed electricity suppliers use the Register to:
- redeem ROCs to comply with their Renewables Obligation,
- allocate/redeem Renewable and CHP LECs as evidence of CCL exempt supplies to UK business customers
- hold REGOs as evidence of Fuel Mix Disclosure (FMD).
All users that wish to participate in any of the above schemes must register for an account on the Register. For all accounts other than individual ones, an authorisation form must be submitted as part of the registration process. The template form must be submitted on company headed paper and signed by a person with the appropriate authority such as the company director. When registering for an account, please take note of the terms and conditions of the Register.
For queries relating to the information requested in the accreditation application form on the Register, please see our Application for Accreditation – FAQ
If you can’t find the answer to your query please email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call us on 020 7901 7310.