Offshore Transmission Owner (OFTO) Tender Round Six (TR6) started in October 2018. TR6 will enable bidders to compete to own the transmission assets of three offshore wind farm projects with an approximate total generation capacity of 2.5GW.
Each transmission system is being constructed by the offshore wind farm developer and will include offshore substation platform(s), offshore and onshore AC export cables, and an onshore substation.
We will administer the tender process for each project, which will result in the appointment of an OFTO to own and operate each transmission system.
- 588MW capacity
- Jointly owned by SSE Renewables (40%), Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (35%) and SDIC Power (25%)
- Located approximately 13.5km off the Caithness coastline in Northern Scotland
- 1.2GW capacity
- 100% owned by Ørsted
- Located in the English North Sea, approximately 120km east of Humber Estuary in East Yorkshire
East Anglia 1
- 714MW capacity
- 100% owned by ScottishPower Renewables (UK) Limited
- Located in the Southern North Sea, approximately 48km off the coast of Suffolk
TR6 launch event
On Tuesday 9 October 2018, Ofgem held an information event in London related to TR6 where project developers were able to highlight the investment opportunity presented by each qualified project.