Our priority is to protect customers’ interests, which we do through the promotion of effectively functioning markets and networks.
We do this by removing barriers, for example by ensuring there is greater transparency of information to all parties including customers.
When necessary, we use our powers to monitor and address any behaviour or practices which may have an adverse effect on the way that markets and networks function.
The electricity transmission networks section contains information on the following areas of our work:
- The GB electricity transmission network – an overview of how the GB electricity transmission network operates
- Network price controls – insight into how we use price controls to regulate natural monopolies and information on RIIO-T1
- Network innovation – information on the Network Innovation Competition
- Critical investments – information on Transmission Investment for Renewable Generation and Strategic Wider Works
- European-wide initiatives and information on relevant EU legislation
- Charging – including information on Project Transmit
- Electricity interconnectors – the systems that connect Britain’s electricity transmission network to the networks of other countries
- Transmission Access Review - joint review with the Department for Energy & Climate Change (DECC) to help deliver 20 percent of renewably sourced electricity
- Offshore transmission
- Forums, seminars and working groups on issues relating to electricity transmission.